This job is FLA Exempt.
Status: Full time
Location: Accra, Ghana
The African Health Markets for Equity or AHME initiative is a five-year, multi-country program co-funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and DFID. Led by Marie Stopes International (MSI), the consortium includes PharmAccess, International/Medical Credit Fund, the International Finance Corporation (IFC) and Grameen Foundation.
The AHME partnership will demonstrate the feasibility and value of integrating supply and demand-side interventions at scale in Ghana. In Ghana, MSI will increase both the scale of their private provider health care networks and the scope of services provided. Access to accreditation, business development training and credit will be provided through PharmAccess and their Medical Credit Fund (MCF).
Supply-side interventions will be complemented by demand-side financing mechanisms such as insurance, medical savings accounts, and vouchers in order to reduce financial barriers for clients to access priority services. Supply and demand-side interventions will be supported by policy and regulatory work led by the IFC and information and communication technologies led by Grameen Foundation.
As a Technology Project Manager to this project based in Ghana you will be expected to undertake the following:
- Acts as the primary relationship manager to all partners and is the liaison for GF AHME ICT efforts in country with a focus on driving increased satisfaction and deepening the partner relationships
- Translating client and business requirements into highly detailed functional specifications, including the ability to synthesize and collaborate various requirements across partners.
- Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability.
- Manage the development, system testing and pilot to provide feedback to the development team on the solutions that are under development.
- Build capacity in the country by identifying, empowering, training and coaching identified parties.
- Manages the in-country AHME project plans, budgets, scope, risk and communications to internal and external constituencies.
- Ensures that all country-level project objectives are achieved.
- Communicate with key partners in order to anticipate problems, opportunities, and needs of the program, and work to devise feasible working solutions.
- Documents all lessons learned during the course of the project and content for externally published communications pieces such as blogs, white papers and case studies.
- Networking/establishing new partnerships for the purpose of solution deployments where applicable.
- 5-7 years project management experience in successfully delivering ICD projectsT
- Strong systems analysis skills; must be able to synthesize business requirements for solutions development from a myriad of sources
- Relevant degree in Information Systems, computer sciences, health informatics, social sciences, public health or related discipline. A master’s degree would be an advantage.
- Experience in developing mobile (cellular) applications for health and or finance industries.
- Exposure to mobile platforms such as ODK ,Comcare and Open MRS would be a great advantage
- Experience in providing technology-related support for public health and/or international development, managing applied technology projects
- Experience in conducting landscape assessments and market analysis
- Flexible & adaptable, able to work successfully in a fast paced environment.
- Experience working in developing countries and/or supporting and managing projects in the developing world programs.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
- Achievement oriented: establish challenging short-and long-term goals, take initiative, grasp new concepts, persist at tasks and pursue completion of objectives
- Analytical abilities: examine and interpret a wide variety of data/information and make recommendations, anticipate problems, opportunities and needs of the program
- Communication skills: write in a concise and organized manner, appear knowledgeable and confident in communicating information, be sensitive to the communication levels required by different audiences, conduct effective meetings with people of all levels of authority in various industries.
- Creativity: brainstorm to develop suggestions and new ideas, develop several approaches or solutions to a problem
- Decision-making skills: consider alternatives and assess their impact and potential problems, weigh alternatives and select practical solutions, implement decisions and evaluate results
- Diversity orientation: understand and respond to others’ needs and priorities
- Flexibility: cope successfully with unexpected events, handle several projects simultaneously, adapt own behavioral and communication style to gain cooperation of managers, co-workers, and peers, adapt well to and support change
- Initiative: actively seek solutions to problems before being asked or directed, initiate self- development efforts, look for new ways to contribute to the program
- Interpersonal skills: resolve conflict in positive ways, give and seek feedback that will increase the productivity of relationships
- Job motivation: assume ownership for getting the job done, be enthusiastic about taking on challenging projects, make plans and follow through
- Judgment: review decisions to see if they satisfy long-range plans
- Leadership: motivate others to work together toward common objectives, work effectively in cross- functional groups
- Presentation skills: present in a confident and enthusiastic manner when addressing people in a large or small group, deliver information in a clear, concise, and logical manner, effectively use various audio-visual media to enhance presentation
- Working virtually: so long as internet access allows, must be email responsive and proactive, comfortable working with Google Docs and Google Groups, and willing to skype with colleagues in other time zones (occasionally outside of normal working hours).
Interested candidates please click here.