Business Development Manager, Mobile Technology for Community Health Initiative
Position Title: Business Development Manager, Mobile Technology for Community Health Initiative
Status: Project Employee (End date, 01/31/2014)
Location: Accra, Ghana
Date: April 2012
Job Summary: The Business Development Manager is responsible for creating and implementing income generating business models to help scale the Mobile Technology for Community Health (MoTeCH) project nation-wide in Ghana with long-term sustainability. Currently funded by grants from The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and USAID, MOTECH’s long-term viability and success will depend on new innovative solutions that help the program become self-sustainable through income generation. This individual will continue work on existing business models that are in various stages of development and implementation.
Reporting and relationships: The Business Development Manager reports to the Country Director in Ghana. They work closely with other members of the management team in Ghana and Seattle.
Availability: The Business Development Manager will be expected to work a standard workweek of 40 hours and may be required to work in the evenings and on weekends occasionally. Travel between Accra and field implementations in the Upper East Region, Central Region, and other regions may be required from time to time.
Essential Job Functions
• Work on existing ideas for business models and progress them to next stages, ideally to launch.
• Build a range of potential scenarios and business planning opportunities for the MOTECH program to support the sustainability of the program
• Create business plans and detailed financial models to examine value of income generating business model ideas
• As part of business model analysis, develop comprehensive sales and marketing strategies, including pricing models, for business models
• Research and formulate market analysis for each business model opportunity
• Analyze internal and external data to understand trends to discover opportunities for cost savings and income generation
• Network and work with key stakeholders and other organizations (NGOs, private companies, and government) to generate ideas, create partnerships, and implement business models
• Manage geographically diverse team to implement business models
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission
• Outstanding needs analysis, positioning, business justification and closing skills
• Ability to independently manage multiple priorities and provide effective leadership of teams across functional areas.
• Exemplary presentation, written and oral communication skills.
• Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills; ability to consistently meet deadlines.
• Flexibility: ability to make creative use of limited resources to accomplish goals.
• Ability to interact and influence senior executives at NGOs, private companies and government
• High commercial acumen and a record of confidence dealing with middle managers through to decision makers
• Strong proficiency in sales and marketing
• Strong project management skills
• Proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel
• Fluency in English
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• MBA preferred
• Ten or more years of experience of having founded and grown at least two businesses or divisions, with direct experience in the areas of sales, marketing, partnerships, finance, and technology.
Physical and Environmental Conditions
This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles; e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
For more information about Grameen Foundation USA or this position, please visit www.grameenfoundation.org. Interested candidates may apply by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Business Development Manager-MoTeCH” in the subject line. No Calls Please.