This job is FLA Exempt.
Job Summary: The Customer Care Specialist is responsible for receiving and escalating service calls related to two mobile phone services being offered to customers and nurses in the Dangme East District in the Great Accra Region. Fluency in some of the languages of this region is essential. The Customer Care Specialist is responsible for ensuring that the right personnel are aware of each call and documenting the outcome. The agent must be able to provide special attention to concerned clients, and ensure that the proper managers/ departments are informed, in order to best meet each client’s needs. The agent is responsible for satisfying client and maintaining good image for the company. The Customer Care Specialist will work closely with management staff to ensure that user feedback is gathered and communicated in an efficient, effective, and timely manner. The agent must be willing to assist on various other tasks that may arise and be reliable in attendance, in order to properly perform job duties.
Reporting and relationships: The Customer Care Specialist reports to the Deputy Project Director and Customer Service Supervisor,
Availability: The Customer Care Specialist will be expected to work a standard work week of 40 hours and will be required to occasionally work irregular hours including evenings and weekends. The Customer Care Specialist must also be willing to work shifts. The role is based in Accra but some travel within other regions of Ghana will be required.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist with the registration of clients in the field during the roll out of MoTeCH in Dangme East district.
- Answer inbound calls to register new clients, and assist clients / stakeholders who have specific inquiries.
- Provide personalized customer service of the highest level to all stakeholders.
- Make recommendations for product improvements to technical developers and Operations Manager.
- Update the existing databases with changes and the status of each client/prospective client.
- Perform 1st tier technical support to clients.
- Build client’s interest in the services and products offered by Grameen Foundation.
- Provide scheduled reports, document relevant activities and perform other administrative tasks as and when required by management.
- Reliably document issues, resolutions, and required escalations in a precise and timely manner.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Abide by and perform to the best of his abilities all functions, duties and responsibilities to be assigned by the COMPANY in due course;
- Comply with the orders and instructions given from time to time by the COMPANY through its authorized representatives;
- Shall not disclose any confidential information in respect of the affairs of the COMPANY to any unauthorized person;
- Perform any other administrative or non-administrative duties as assigned by any representative of the COMPANY from time to time either through direct written order or by oral assignment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in technical field preferred.
- Two or more years of related experience of direct engagement with clients
Physical and Environmental Conditions
This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort. This position may occasionally require physical effort to lift and transport boxes weighing no more than 50 pounds.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles; e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Interested candidates may apply by email rnaadeinikoi [at] grameenfoundation [dot] org. Please put “Customer Care Specialist Dangme” in the subject line. No Calls Please.