CUSTOMER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE - (E-WARE)
Status: Full Time
Location: Kampala, Uganda
This is an opportunity for a dynamic professional in the agriculture sector with comprehensive experience in Agricultural practices in Kenya and fluent in Kiswahili language. The Customer Services Representative is entirely responsible for providing support to the E- ware house project on a daily basis while building the required data bank for eight specific value chains. This position will work with the team to provide high quality agriculture services to farmers and other stake holders along the agriculture value chain through the Farmer Call center.
Reporting and Relationships: The CSR will report to the Customer Service Supervisor.
Availability: The Customer Services Representative will be expected to work a typical workweek of 40 hours plus additional hours as necessary to get the job done. The position will require domestic travel of up to 10% of working time.
Essential Job Functions
Back end support to the E ware house:
• Provides technical back-end support to the e –ware house project;
• Develops and maintains a data bank for eight major value chains;
• Provides technical support to farmer queries and carries out continuous analysis of farmer needs;
• Follows up and closes open call logs with all related tasks which may include liaising with internal and external escalation points;
• Supports the ERB in content development and quality review;
• Provides technical advice to FCI partners;
• Reports on key metrics and variables and provide periodic progress reports;
• Analyzes VKW performance and provides periodic progress reports;
Ensure smooth running of the Farmer Call center:
• Responds to inbound calls as well as assist customers who have specific inquiries;
• Participates in prototyping Agricultural content pieces in line with Partner needs;
• Provides professional customer service of the highest level;
• Participate in building of the Agricultural databank;
• Builds farmer’s interest in the services and products offered by the call center;
• Participates in Content quality assurance including data simplification and prototyping of new products;
• Analyses farmer information needs and reports on key metrics and variables and provides periodic progress reports;
• Supports in farmer registrations and continuously updates existing databases (CRM) with changes and status of each customer/prospective customer;
• Incorporates new ideas in the CMS depending on FAQs coming in from farmers;
• Contributes towards achievements of quantitative and qualitative milestones and metrics of Farmer call center;
Implement with excellence
• Ensures the application of standards and quality service delivery;
• Delivers according to set work plans and targets;
• Works with external partners to resolve escalated queries in a timely and efficient manner;
Track and report results
• Prepares timely and comprehensive analysis of progress against metrics and milestones;
• Prepares summary updates and reports as required by the Supervisor for performance analysis;
• Documents key service areas (like pests and diseases, weather) to ensure that we reach the desired population with the quality product at the right price and with the right promotion;
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities.
• Deep knowledge on agriculture and extension services in East Africa, specifically in Kenya;
• Knowledge of post-harvest handling best practices, dangers of Aflatoxin and adoption of seeds and fertilizers;
• Proficient in speaking Swahili both oral and written;
• Ability to resolve customer queries with quality customer service;
• Knowledge and understanding of ICTs for Agriculture and poverty eradication; deep understanding of and commitment to development in agriculture and related value chains for the poor;
• Ability to work in a team and with minimal supervision.
Strong business orientation
• Strong, innovative and creative problem solver and strategic thinker, Good analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills;
• High energy and an entrepreneurial spirit, with the ability to think strategically and act tactically;
• Comfort with unstructured problems and ability to deliver under pressure;
• Ability to promote knowledge transfer through strong mentoring and team building skills;
• Enthusiasm for learning from different cultures – eager to build cultural realities into products and project plans;
• Belief in the potential to leverage information and communication technology (ICTs) for the benefit of smallholder farmers – preferably with practical experience ;
• Passionate about the work of Grameen Foundation and the importance of technology in poverty alleviation;
• Proven ability to work with people effectively with exceptional verbal communication skills;
• Ability to quickly recognize signals of a disgruntled customer and be able to respond calmly; comprehend, capture as well as interpret basic customer information while treating people with respect under all circumstances, instill trust in others and uphold the values of GF;
• Sound judgmental powers; ability to manage difficult customer situations, to respond promptly to the needs of the customer, solicit feedback to improve service, respond to requests for service/assistance
• Ability to work well as part of a team- to exhibit objectivity and be open-minded towards the ideas and views of others, give as well as welcome feedback, contribute to building team spirit, aid others to succeed
Education and Experience
• A Bachelor’s /University degree in Agriculture, Agri-Business, or Agriculture related disciplines with three or more years’ experience in Agricultural Extension or Rural Development and working with farmers preferable in Kenya;
• Prior experience with innovativeness and adaptability to novel approaches to agricultural service delivery and a good understanding of principles and practice of community based rural development and participatory methods and approaches. Proven knowledge of rural development dimensions including rural poverty and gender concerns.
• Basic computer knowledge/technological skills- the person should be adept in using search tools, browsers and also email features; utilizing tracking and management features, including familiarity of CRM solutions; thorough understanding of e-warehousing operations will be an added advantage.
Physical and Environmental Conditions
This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort. This position may occasionally require physical effort to lift and transport boxes weighing no more than 50 pounds. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles; e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
Work Environment and Working Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to working conditions and hazards which are prevalent for the location and/or country of assignment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work is primarily performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to electronics work. The employee may be required to travel domestically.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. Interested candidates may apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “CSR-EW” in the subject line. No Calls Please.