CUSTOMER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE - UGANDA
Status: Full time, 12 Month Term
Location: Uganda Kampala
The Customer Service Representative will be responsible for providing high quality agriculture information to farmers and other stakeholders along the agriculture value chain through the call center. As part of a team, they will be responsible for the day to day implementation of the call center activities, which include resolving inbound queries, farmers’ registrations, continuous building of the data bank, and researching on farmer information needs. This is an opportunity for a dynamic professional in the agriculture sector with a belief in the potential of technology to meaningfully improve rural livelihoods.
Reporting and Relationships:
The Customer Service Representative will report to the Customer Services Supervisor.
The Customer Service Representative will be expected to work a typical work week of 40 hours plus additional hours as necessary to get the job done. The position will require domestic travel of up to 10% of working time.
Essential Job Functions
Ensure quality content development, dissemination and adoption
• Develop agricultural databases with actionable content.
• Initiate strategies for the development and dissemination of Indigenous technologies.
• Participates in content quality assurance including data simplification and prototyping of new products.
• Participate in the dissemination of content to ensure high level of adoption and impact.
• Support the ERB in the content quality review processes.
• Increase awareness of new content offerings all stake holders.
Ensure smooth running of the Farmer call center
• Provides professional customer service of the highest level
• Responds to inbound queries and assist customers who have specific inquiries
• Follows up and closes open call logs with all related duties which may includes liaising with internal and external escalation points
• Builds farmers’ interest in the services and products offered by the call center
• Updates the existing databases (CRM) with changes and the status of each customer/prospective customer
• Incorporates new ideas in the CMS depending on FAQ coming in from the farmers
• Reports on key metrics and variables and provide periodic progress reports to the Team Leader.
• Contributes towards achievements of quantitative and qualitative milestones and metrics of the Call Center
Implement with excellence
• Ensures the application of standards and quality service delivery.
• Delivers according to set work plans and targets
• Works with external partners to resolve escalated queries in a timely and efficient manner
Track and report results
• Prepares timely and comprehensive analyses of progress against metrics and milestones
• Prepares summary updates and reports as required by the Team Leader for performance analysis
• documents key service areas ( i.e. pests and diseases, weather etc) to ensure that we reach the desired population with a quality product at the right price and with the right promotion
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Deep knowledge on agriculture and extension services with ability to deliver concise useful information
• Knowledge and understanding of ICTs for Agriculture and poverty eradication
• Ability to work in a team and with minimal supervision
• Through Knowledge of Swahili both oral and written
Strong business orientation
• Strong, innovative and creative problem solver and strategic thinker
• Good analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
• High energy and an entrepreneurial spirit, with the ability to think strategically and act tactically
• Comfort with unstructured problems and ability to deliver under pressure
• Ability to promote knowledge transfer through strong mentoring and team building skills
• Deep understanding of and commitment to development in agriculture and related value chains for the poor
• Enthusiasm for learning from different cultures – eager to build cultural realities into products and project plans
• Belief in the potential to leverage information and communication technology (ICTs) for the benefit of smallholder farmers – preferably with practical experience
• Passionate about the work of Grameen Foundation and the importance of technology in poverty alleviation
• Good verbal communication skills with ability to quickly recognize signals of a disgruntled customer and be able to respond calmly
• Ability to comprehend, capture as well as interpret basic customer information
• Ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances, instill trust in others and uphold the values of GF
• Sound judgmental powers; ability to manage difficult customer situations, to respond promptly to the needs of the customer, solicit feedback to improve service, respond to requests for service/assistance
• Ability to work well as part of a team- to exhibit objectivity and be open-minded towards the ideas and views of others, give as well as welcome feedback, contribute to building team spirit, aid others to succeed
Education and Experience
• A Bachelor’s/University degree in Agriculture, Agri-Business, Development Studies or Agriculture related disciplines with two or more years’ experience in Agricultural Extension or Rural Development and working with farmers;
• Innovativeness and adaptability to novel approaches to agricultural service delivery
• A good understanding of principles and practice of community based rural development and participatory methods and approaches
• A strong knowledge of rural development dimensions including rural poverty and gender concerns.
• Basic computer knowledge/technological skills- the person should be adept in using search tools, browsers and also email features; utilizing tracking and management features, including familiarity of CRM solutions
• Experience working in agricultural development and extension services and understanding of the operations of a call center and customer care environment – preferably through direct involvement
• Thorough Knowledge of indigenous technologies would be an added advantage.
Physical and Environmental Conditions: This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort. This position may occasionally require physical effort to lift and transport boxes weighing no more than 50 pounds. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles; e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
Additional Comment: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. Interested candidates may apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. by January 31, 2013. Please put “CSR-CKW” in the subject line. No Calls Please.