What is it?
An interactive, two-day, invitation-only event focused on developing financial solutions based on user-centered design principles. We believe that these principles increase the odds that each solution will gain adoption and scale. Co-hosted by Grameen Foundation and the Citi Foundation.
Who is participating?
100 senior leaders from organizations that deliver financial services to the poor and support the ecosystem for financial inclusion. We anticipate a diversity of representation from various international organizations such as banks, mobile operators, design firms and practitioners.
How do I sign up?
If you have already received an invitation, you are eligible to RSVP. Please register by March 28.
If you would like to nominate yourself or others to receive an invitation, please fill out this short form to briefly share the nominee’s background, and how they’d benefit from the event. We will update you on the nomination status within two weeks of submission.
For questions, please contact our participant manager, Abby Addis, at adoptionandscale [at] grameenfoundation [dot] org.
Is there an event cost?
No. As this is an invitation-only event, Grameen Foundation and Citi Foundation will cover conference fees – the event is free. Participants need to cover their own travel expenses. We will provide hotel block rate details shortly.
Why is this subject important?
This exclusive convening shares the value of a user-centered design approach to increase the range and appropriateness of financial services for the poor and to help financial services providers identify drivers of scale to ensure they can profitably serve this segment. Designing for Adoption and Scale builds on the Financial Inclusion 2020 roadmap for addressing customer needs, centered on the principle that financial service provision can only be sustainable for providers when expanded access is followed by effective usage.
What will I gain from the event?
- A clear understanding of what user-centered design is, and how it can be utilized
- Examples of how these design initiatives have led to successes and failures
- Approaches for overcoming potential barriers
- Resources and tools needed to apply user-centered design in your own organizations
- Access to a network of senior leaders from global organizations who are interested in solving similar challenges using similar approaches
Who is presenting?
Confirmed speakers include:
- Deepak Amin, Co-Founder, Light Microfinance Pvt. Ltd and Director, State Bank India
- Robert Annibale, Global Director of Citi Microfinance & Community Development
- Samit Ghosh, CEO, Ujjivan
- Lauren Hendricks, Access Africa Executive Director, CARE USA
- Sriram Jagannathan, CEO, Airtel Money India
- Pavithra Kanakarajan, Product Manager, Google
- Zahir Khoja, CEO Mobile Payment Solutions, MasterCard, Singapore
- Tanaya Kilara, Financial Sector Analyst, CGAP
- Suresh Krishna, Managing Director, Grameen Koota
- Darren Menachemson, Managing Director, ThinkPlace Foundation
- Kamal Quadir, CEO, bKash
- Ram Ramdas, Managing Director & CEO, Jana Urban Foundation
- Aditya Dev Sood, Founder and CEO, Center for Knowledge Societies (CKS)
- Djemi Suhenda, Deputy CEO, BTPN Bank
- Mike Warmington, Manager of Microfinance Partnerships, One Acre Fund
- Graham Wright, Managing Director, Microsave
What will the agenda cover?
We are carefully crafting an agenda to allow a balance of presentations, discussions, and group work throughout key thematic areas. Speakers and attendees will have the opportunity to provide feedback on the agenda, ensuring that we’re coving what is most important to the group. Initial themes include:
- Making the Decision to Be User-Centered and to Design
- Gathering Client Insights & Converting These Into Powerful Concepts
- Dealing With Failure
- Getting to Scale
- Nurturing a Culture of Innovation
What languages will be supported?
The entire event will be in English, so English fluency is highly recommended.
Where will the event be held?
Designing for Adoption and Scale will be held at The Leela in Mumbai, India. We reserved 40 rooms at a discounted price on a first-come, first-serve basis.
To sign up for our discounted rate of 9,300 INR/night (including breakfast, airport transfers, and wifi) please email or fax this form to groups [dot] mumbai [at] theleela [dot] com. Please contact Priyanka Sawant (+919920284431, groups [dot] mumbai [at] theleela [dot] com), Mr. Amit Sawant (+919619981263, amit [dot] sawant [at] theleela [dot] com) with any questions.
India requires visas for non-citizens. Please start your visa process right away. Please message Abby Addis at aaddis [at] grameenfoundation [dot] org if you'd like an invitation letter to support your visa application.