Grants Compliance Officer
Date: February 25, 2013
Grameen Foundation USA is seeking a Grants Compliance Officer headquartered in Washington, DC to manage our ongoing financial performance against key large grant-funded projects. Through microfinance and technology, our mission is to enable the poor, especially the poorest, to create a world without poverty. Keys to success in this role will be the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with varying objectives and to effectively communicate with senior management, programmatic staff and major donors.
Job Summary: The Grants Compliance Officer will take the lead responsibility for all aspects of grant management and reporting. Key duties include managing the grants process from development of proposal budget, review of key grant terms, calculation of ongoing run rate and coding compliance and reporting – both internally and externally. The Grant Compliance Officer will also serves as a resource to the Finance department during the annual budget and mid-year review processes.
Reporting and relationships: The Grants Compliance Officer reports directly to the Finance Officer. This position requires close working relationships with the Development department as well as key program staff responsible for managing the programmatic aspects of large grants. This individual will also have contact with our major donors.
Availability: The Grants Compliance Officer will be expected to work a standard workweek of 40 hours plus additional hours as necessary to complete the tasks assigned.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist the Development department and program staff with developing budgets for large grants
- Coordinate financial reporting on grants and awards
- Establish and manage record keeping systems and procedures for tracking and reporting; streamline processes where applicable
- Monitor spending/run rate against key large grants and awards on a monthly basis and provide information to program leads to adjust spending accordingly
- Coordinate with Finance, Development and program staff to ensure cost recovery on all grants and awards
- Ensure overall compliance with terms and conditions of key large grants and awards
- Maintain a public grant reporting calendar
- Assist Finance Officer in managing the annual budget and mid-year review processes
- Perform financial analysis to develop and monitor indirect rate annually, including application for and management of NICRA
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of not-for-profit accounting, including direct responsibility managing large restricted grants
- Ability to perform sophisticated financial analysis
- Familiarity with government reporting and establishing and/or compliance to a NICRA preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and ability to work with standard accounting packages; advanced MS Excel user preferred
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral); ability to communicate in a diplomatic, friendly, yet effective manner with senior management, staff and donors
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects concurrently under deadline pressure and changing priorities
- Ability to solve problems creatively in order to meet organizational goals and objectives
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, energetic, highly creative and entrepreneurial environment
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- CPA preferred, not required
- 4-6 years experience in financial analysis, financial management and not-for-profit accounting
- Experience in developing and monitoring complex budgets, grant reporting and applying accounting principles
Physical and Environmental Conditions
This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort. This position may occasionally require physical effort to lift and transport boxes weighing no more than 50 pounds. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles; e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Interested candidates, please click here.