This job is not FLA Exempt.
Status: Full Time, Permanent Employee
Location: Washington, DC
FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible for Overtime Pay)
Date: August 2013
Job Summary: The Information Systems Analyst will be a self-starter, responsible for administration of technology systems and related data analysis to support Grameen Foundation’s Talent & Knowledge department including Human Resources and Bankers without Borders, which engages business professionals in targeted volunteer projects supporting social enterprises and microfinance institutions employing market-based solutions to end global poverty. The successful candidate should be comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
Reporting and relationships: The Information Systems Analyst will have a direct reporting line to the VP, Chief Talent & Knowledge Officer of Grameen Foundation and dotted line reporting to the Director of HR; Senior Manager, Talent Development; and Senior Manager, Bankers without Borders. He/she also will liaise with IT department to provide systems support and analysis and to leverage technology solutions to meet the needs of Talent & Knowledge department and system users.
Availability: The Information Systems Analyst will be expected to work a standard workweek of 40 hours plus additional hours as necessary to get the job done. S/he will also be expected to do around 5% domestic and international travel.
Essential Job Functions:
The Information Systems Analyst will be directly engaged in or support the following activities:
- Supports existing IS platforms (including learning management system, performance management system, applicant recruiting and tracking system, and BwB volunteer management system) by:
- Managing creation and termination of system accounts;
- Training users on platforms and responding to user questions or complaints;
- Assisting department staff with technical issues related to the use of IS systems;
- Maintains familiarity with all computer systems used, evaluates their effectiveness and makes recommendations for enhancements; and
- Maintaining relationships with platform vendors.
- Facilitates department reporting and analysis by:
- Creating complex queries and reports to provide useful information for management;
- Training department staff to develop simple queries, reports, and dashboards from the systems as needed;
- Analyzing data and making recommendations to Talent & Knowledge managers based on findings; and
- Creating standard reports and dashboards for various internal stakeholders.
- Building a relationship with local team members in GF offices and doing regular check-ins to make sure that local employee records are kept up to date, especially ensuring consistency of across HR systems;
- Running monthly reconciliation reports between various HR and payroll systems;
- Facilitating data-sharing and imports between various HR systems; and
- Recommending new or better processes for reducing human error and ensuring consistent personnel data across systems and the organization.
- Mapping business processes managed by Talent & Knowledge team;
- Recommending approaches to automating or streamlining processes;
- Researching low-cost HRIS/ERP solutions that could improve HR’s efficiency and effectiveness; and
- Identifying opportunities for further systems integration.
- Ensures data integrity by:
- Automates and streamlines existing processes by:
- Acts as editor/publisher for the HR Department internal website to ensure employee self-service and facilitate information sharing for new initiatives.
- Works to provide positive public relations and represent the organization and Talent & Knowledge department in most favorable manner possible.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Required experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills.
- Considerable knowledge of computer operations and systems analysis.
- Working knowledge of and experience in utilizing and creating databases and spreadsheets.
- Considerable ability to solve problems related to computer system software and operations
- Considerable ability to follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Considerable ability to gather, synthesize and present information in a professional, compelling, and practical manner.
- Excellent interpersonal & intercultural communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage various projects.
- Ability to gain working knowledge of GF's policies, procedures, and practices.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Fluency in English is required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- 3-5 years of related work experience.
- At least 2 years of database development or management experience.
- Experience working with Salesforce platform preferred.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort. This position may occasionally require physical effort to lift and transport boxes weighing no more than 50 pounds. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles; e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. For more information about Grameen Foundation please visit our website at grameenfoundation.org.
Interested candidates, please click here.