Information Technology Officer
Position Title: Information Technology Officer
Status: Project Employee
Location: Accra, Ghana
Job Summary: The Information Technology Officer is responsible for defining, establishing, and maintaining the technical operations infrastructure for Grameen Foundation projects in Ghana. This individual will be responsible for installing and maintaining computer hardware, software and networks for both the office and for software services running at a local datacenter. This individual manages and provides hardware and software maintenance, training and consultation, and recommendations about future planning and development of resources. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure maximum access to and implementation of technology services and resources.
Reporting and relationships: The Information Technology Officer reports to the Technical Program Manager in Ghana. They work closely with the Office Manager and the Deputy Project Director.
Availability: The Information Technology Officer will be expected to work a standard workweek of 40 hours and may be required to work in the evenings and on weekends occasionally. Travel between Accra and field projects in the Upper East Region, Central Region, and other regions may be required from time to time.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage information technology and computer systems – plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems
- Ensure technology is accessible and equipped with current hardware and software, including troubleshooting all hardware, software and network issues
- Create and execute detailed process for deploying and updating hardware, software, and network
- Document in detail all operational procedures
- Recommend and procure new hardware and software as needed to support the needs of the project and office
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources
- Provide recommendations about accessing information and support
- Monitor security and usage logs of all information systems
- Maintain and execute as needed a disaster recovery plan for technical components of Grameen Foundation’s activities in Ghana
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission
- Proven track record of implementing and maintaining hardware, software, and networks
- Detailed technical knowledge of networks and internet architecture
- Proficient knowledge of computer hardware, software systems and network
- Ability to analyze business metrics to determine optimal implementation strategies
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well with external partners
- Fluency in English
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Business or related technical field preferred.
- five or more years of related experience
Physical and Environmental Conditions
This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort. This position may occasionally require physical effort to lift and transport boxes weighing no more than 50 pounds.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles; e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
For more information about Grameen Foundation USA or this position, please visit www.grameenfoundation.org. Interested candidates may apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Tech Ops Officer-MoTeCH” in the subject line. No Calls Please.