This job is not FLA Exempt.
Position Title: Development Associate
Status: Full time
Date: February 2015
Job Summary: The Development Associate is a vital member of the development team working to attract, communicate with, shepherd and upgrade Grameen Foundation’s donors and prospective donors. He/she will play a major role in projects ranging from gift processing, stewardship, and acknowledgement, to conducting research on donors/prospects and supporting the External Affairs team in basic reporting and analysis.
Reporting and relationships: The Development Associate will report to the Business Intelligence Manager.
Availability: The Development Associate will be expected to work full time, 40 hours plus additional hours as necessary to get the job done, including occasional attendance at special events.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conducts thorough and timely gift processing, donor stewardship, and gift acknowledgements for all Grameen Foundation donor relationships.
- Works with Annual Giving team to create mailing campaign lists and reporting in Salesforce CRM.
- Works directly with Grameen Foundation’s CEO in stewardship of major donors.
- Recruits and manages development interns to support Development Operations.
- Serves as the department’s researcher, identifying corporate, foundation and individual prospects and using a variety of online and print research tools to create written research reports on current and potential major donors.
- Provides general administrative support to the department as needed.
- On an as needed and limited basis, helps the External Affairs team reach new donors and prospects through such activities as:
- updating the database with new contact information
- responding to general information requests
- creating and sending personalized thank you letters
- Manages external memberships and third party reporting. (ex. BBB, Guidestar, CFC)
- Serves as first point of contact through email and phone for potential donors and current donors with inquiries.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High attention to detail and a rigorous work ethic.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use a variety of research and reference sources.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and positive, team-focused mentality.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment.
- Passion for Grameen Foundation’s mission to enable the poor, especially the poorest, to create a world without poverty.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and experience using formulas in Excel
- Willingness and ability to take on larger External Affairs projects beyond core job responsibilities, while managing core responsibilities efficiently and effectively.
- Experience with managing event logistics, Photoshop, database reporting and conventions, and basic knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or the equivalent in work experience
- Minimum 1 year related work experience perferred.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort. This position may occasionally require physical effort to lift and transport boxes weighing no more than 50 pounds.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles; e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. EEO/ADA
Interested applicants may apply HERE. No telephone calls please.