This job is FLA Exempt.
Location: Washington DC
Job Summary: This position is responsible for identifying institutional grant opportunities, from government, private sector/corporate, and foundation funders, and leading and/or supporting the proposal development process. The Lead- Institutional Relations will be expected to provide cross-solutions team leadership and support in developing relationships with potential partners and donors, identifying industry trends and communicating those to the Programs team, and leading the development of competitive proposals in response to solicitations from institutional donors. The position will focus on identifying and leading funding opportunities for Grameen Foundation’s work in financial services, agricultural finance and mobile/digital financial service products.
Reporting and Relationships: Director of Institutional Relations, this position will require very collaborative work across the External Affairs team and the Programs and Regional teams.
Availability: The IR-Lead will be expected to work a typical workweek of 40 hours plus additional hours as necessary to get the job done. This is an exempt position and 10% travel is expected.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead the development of technical proposals for donor organizations including corporate and private foundations, USAID, and other private and public sector donors in the areas of mobile technology, financial services, agriculture, and mHealth;
- Partner with program staff on the design and development of the technical approach as well as budget and cost narratives;
- Own the creation and finalization of proposal materials, including EOIs, capabilities statements, CVs, and PPRs;
- Develop relationships with potential donors to cultivate and identify appropriate grant opportunities and position GF for success in pursuing funding;
- Manage the proposal and business development data in the information management system;
- Developing and managing a pipeline of funding opportunities with special emphasis on financial services programs
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission
- Ability to act as a representative of GF to the public;
- Experience with financial services donors and experience writing and coordinating proposals specifically focused on financial services including financial inclusion, mobile financial services, savings etc.
- Knowledge of the proposal development process, project management systems and best practices;
- Knowledge of several of GF’s key areas of technical expertise in mobile financial services, agriculture, microfinance, and health;
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and facilitation skills with a proven ability to motivate and coordinate multiple stakeholders;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to lead complex processes in a decentralized environment;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a rapidly changing environment;
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new accounts.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred in international development or related field;
- Five or more years of relevant experience in a business development or project management role at a large international NGO, government contractor, and/or social enterprise;
- Technical and/or business writing experience in the areas of mobile technology and financial services;
- Strong computer (Microsoft Office) and data analytics skills
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort. This position may occasionally require physical effort to lift and transport boxes weighing no more than 50 pounds. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles; e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
Additional Comment: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. Interested applicants can apply HERE. For more information about Grameen Foundation please visit our website at grameenfoundation.org. No telephone calls please. EEOC