This job is not FLA Exempt.
Position Title: Operations Associate
Status: Part time (20 hours / week) - End date 12/24/2015
Location: Washington, DC
Job Summary: The Operations Associate will be responsible for managing the DC facility. In addition, the Operations Associate will greet visitors, answer calls to the general line, respond to emails to the general address, distribute mail, orient staff to the office, and provide administrative support to the office as required.
Reporting and relationships: The Operations Associate reports directly to the CFO.
Availability: The Operations Associate will be expected to work part-time, 20 hours a week.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages facilities and relationships with subtenants, including seating chart for new staff and visitors and general cleanliness of office;
- Delivers new staff orientation to DC staff to include the following: an explanation of the office and office equipment, travel, safety, myGrameen intranet, and other internal processes;
- Greets visitors and notifies staff of their arrival;
- Receives and distributes mail;
- Scans and logs checks received from donors in the checks log book;
- Assists with special events in the DC area (board meetings, CEO/Board member visits, fundraising events);
- Serves as an operations liaison and to other departments and provides limited admin support to the office;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission
- Ability to gain working knowledge of GFUSA policies, procedures, and practices;
- Ability to act as a representative of GFUSA to the public;
- Computer skills, including knowledge Word, Excel and Google Apps;
- Ability to effectively communicate with other staff members;
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, team-oriented, entrepreneurial environment;
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, or other related field;
- Up to two or more years’ related experience or equivalent technical training, education, and/or experience.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort. This position may occasionally require physical effort to lift and transport boxes weighing no more than 50 pounds.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles; e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Interested applicants can apply HERE. For more information about Grameen Foundation please visit our website at grameenfoundation.org. No telephone calls please. EEOC