This job is FLA Exempt.
Job Summary: Grameen Foundation seeks Ugandan or East Africa nationals experienced in development project management and agriculture/finance for an anticipated project in Uganda. (Experienced Project Leads with technical expertise in rural and agricultural finance). Candidates must have a technical background in rural microfinance and/or agricultural finance. Experience in adult training and/or organizational development a plus. The position will oversee multi-year development project activities including multi-year project planning and goal setting, budgeting, personnel management, and monitoring and evaluation of project. The position will be full time and based in Uganda, with travel to the field. Local and East Africa regional candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
About Grameen Foundation:
Grameen Foundation is a non-profit dedicated to helping the world’s poor address their own unique needs. We believe that all of us desire to improve our lives, and that all of us – even the poorest among us – can reach our full potential if we are given access to the right tools and information. With roots in microfinance, Grameen Foundation has a lengthy history of innovating financial products and services for the world’s poor, often by working directly with financial institutions to develop products that meet the needs of their poor clients.
Education and Experience:
- 5-10 years professional experience in rural microfinance and agricultural finance
- 5-10 years experience in development project management, preferably in the financial sector. Experience managing multi-partner projects preferred.
- Experience managing project teams and key project relationships
- Experience in resource mobilization preferred
- Experience in results-oriented monitoring and evaluation preferred
- Experience in adult training and/or organizational capacity building strongly preferred
- Bachelors Degree is required, Masters Degree preferred in Economics, Business Administration or a related field, or academic Degree in agriculture-related field is a plus
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong technical experience in rural microfinance and/or agricultural finance required
- Skills and experience in organisational development/capacity building and project management
- Strong conceptual, socio-cultural and personal skills (writing, presentation, moderation, facilitation, communication etc)
- Excellent network to key stakeholders in the financial and agricultural sector
- Extensive project management experience in a multi year project environment in East Africa, including experince in project planning, budget and timeline management, administration, monitoring and evaluation Skills in providing strategic direction and overall management of the local team
- Experience in coordinating with global executives and ensuring effective communication of progress and/or changes
- Experience in designing and implementing multi- year work plans
- Experience in knowledge management and external learnings sharing
- Ugandan or national of a country in the East Africa region; Ugandan nationalspreferred
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Interested candidates should send a resume with a brief cover letter explaining why you are interested and what you will bring to the position. Please apply here.