This job is not FLA Exempt.
JOB SUMMARY & KEY PRIORITIES:
Grameen Foundation seeks a Ghana-based Project Lead for a potential new ICT-focused agriculture extension project. The project seeks to increase farmer productivity of priority food security crops through wide scale adoption of improved agricultural technology and seeds.
The Project Lead will have overall responsibility for implementation of the project, which will take place in Ghana, and serves as the principal point of contact for the donor for issues related to planning and implementation. He or she will work closely with the Director of mAgriculture Tech Transfer and Country Director for Ghana and collaborate with key stakeholders to implement all aspects of the project. This individual will use knowledge of Agriculture Development and Mobile Ag domains, as well as excellent Project Management, Analytical, Communication, and Relationship Management skills. This will be done with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders.
This role is accountable to for leading and implementing projects/ongoing work related to a new ICT4D agriculture extension project to be undertaken in Ghana. Work involves partnering closely with the Ghana Country Director, Global Director of mHealth Tech Transfer, and Regional CEO for Sub-Saharan Africa to generate results and deliver against deadlines and internal/external partner requirements . Accountable for:
- Identifying and understanding the target market for these services (e.g. intermediary organizations or direct-to-farmers).
- Designing services that will be offered and determining how they can be integrated and used for social marketing initiatives that can drive behavioral change.
- Implementing integrated services with face-to-face agriculture extension services and developing and testing a feedback mechanism from end users.
- Successfully taking substantive projects or initiatives from start to finish, with clear milestones, deliverables and standards for success.
- Designing and approving project work plans.
- Designing and developing of monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) plans
- Ensuring compliance of the project with agreed upon MEL requirements including working with the separate MEL and impact awardees or contractors.
- Monitoring of project reporting systems.
- Management and monitoring of the overall program budget in consultation with RCEO, Africa
- Management of a project team of 5 members
- Generating results that demonstrate advanced knowledge of mobile agriculture domain, area-specific ecosystem and issues, and their impact on the broader work area.
- Serving as overall risk manager for the Ghana operations, anticipating and responding to potential threats to execution, financial viability, legal / regulatory compliance
- Managing relationships with sub-contractors and design a system that will streamline roles and responsibilities of each one.
- Serving as a Subject Matter Expert for mobile agriculture related questions. Sought out for specific technical expertise or field experiences by team members.
- Creating a team climate where staff members feel engaged, motivated and productive. Providing clarity, alignment, feedback, strong sense of connection, and development/growth opportunities to their direct reports. Delivering against GF Talent Processes: Recruiting and Onboarding.
- Commitment/Goal Setting, Career Development Planning, and Annual Performance Reviews.
- Demonstrating the ability to establish productive partnerships that span regional and cultural boundaries.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High level of expertise in the mobile agriculture domain, with deep knowledge on existing market players, initiatives and understanding of lessons learned and emerging trends
- Deep understanding of challenges facing poor, smallholder farmers and corresponding product/solution needs; combined with deep commitment to eradicating poverty.
- Proven leadership skills including the ability to inspire others primarily via standards of excellence, hard work and integrity
- Relevant previous experience managing large, cross-functional operations
- Understanding of the local context, target audience needs, and regulatory environment in Ghana preferred
- High level of skill required in Project Management - helping build, pilot, and scale initiatives; and effective prioritization and execution of active projects.
- Communication and Relationship Management skills; with an ability to influence others without authority, work in a networked organization, and deliver results with diverse partners.
- Ability to analyze data, identify issues and recommendations, and work with stakeholders to get decisions in a timely manner.
- Fluency and comfort with Human Centered Design principles and Monitoring & Evaluation Frameworks.
EDUCATION BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 5 or more years of overall experience managing substantive international development projects and initiatives.
- At least 3 years of experience managing USAID projects.
- At least 5 years of experience managing teams, especially remote teams, preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a subject relevant to international agricultural development, communications or behavior change (technical agriculture, business administration, international development, economics, communications, rural sociology, etc.), Masters Degree preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, International Development, Economics, Finance, Public Health/Policy, Engineering or related field, Masters Degree preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills.
- Experience working in a global/multicultural organizations across multiple time zones a strong plus.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort. This position may occasionally require physical effort to lift and transport boxes weighing no more than 50 pounds.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles; e.g., use of safe workplace practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Please submit letter of interest and resume here to apply for this position.