This job is FLA Exempt.
Status: Full Time
Location: Washington, DC or Seattle, WA
Date: January 2014
The Senior Manager, Corporate and Foundation Relations will be responsible for strategic business development, gift solicitation, and management of corporate and foundation relationships. The Senior Manager, Corporate and Foundation Relations will play a key role in working with development and program staff, board members, and volunteers to cultivate key corporate and foundation accounts. The Senior Manager will provide cross-solutions team support in managing and developing competitive proposals in response to or in coordination with corporate and foundation interest.
Reporting and relationships: The Senior Manager, Corporate and Foundation Relations will report to the Vice President of External Affairs.
Availability: This position will be expected to work a standard workweek of 40 hours. This is an exempt position and a minimum of 20% travel is expected.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and execute effective strategies to identify, cultivate and steward corporate and foundation relationships, including those based in outside of the US;
- Lead relationship building and management with key potential and current corporate and foundation accounts and partners;
- Collaborate with program staff to understand their work, develop fundraising materials appropriate for key corporate and foundation donors and identify potential funding opportunities;
- Manage proposal development for funders in the areas of ICT4D, agriculture, microfinance, health, social performance management and cross-cutting programs where appropriate;
- Lead the development of technical content for proposals as necessary;
- Track and manage grant deliverables, including interim and final reports, working with program staff to develop content, budgets and financial reports;
- Ensure final proposals are in “one voice” and aligned with Grameen Foundation’s best practices and standards;
- Participate in relevant training and other professional development opportunities;
- Represent Grameen Foundation in professional meetings, workshops, and other professional networking events.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Deep commitment to Grameen Foundation’s mission.
- Strong relationship management skills developed though prior experience.
- Solid understanding of the proposal development process, program design and project management systems / best practices, including grant reporting.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and facilitation skills with a proven ability to motivate and coordinate multiple stakeholders, including senior-level experts and directors.
- Knowledge and understanding of ICT4D, agriculture, microfinance, health, and/or social performance measurement.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to lead complex processes in a non-hierarchical environment.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a highly dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new accounts.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred in international development or related field;
- More than 7 years of relevant experience in building productive relationships with top tier corporate and foundation funders;
- Grant writing experience in the areas of ICT4D, financial services, agriculture, health and/or social performance;
- Proven track record in writing winning six and seven figure proposals for corporate and foundation funders;
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office); and
- Experience implementing donor programs a plus.
Interested candidates, please click here to apply.