This job is FLA Exempt.
Position Title: Specialist, Institutional Relations
Location: Washington, DC
Date: July 2014
Job Summary: This position is responsible for identifying institutional grant opportunities, from government, private sector/corporate, and foundation funders, and working with internal stakeholders to own, coordinate and support the proposal development process. The Institutional Relations Specialist will be expected to work across our solution area and regional teams to ensure the delivery of competitive proposals in response to solicitations from institutional donors.
Reporting and Relationships: Director of Institutional Relations, coordination required with External Affairs team and the Solutions and Regional teams.
Availability: The Institutional Relations Specialist will be expected to work a typical work week of 40 hours plus additional hours as necessary to get the job done. This is an exempt position and a minimum of 10% travel is expected.
Essential Job Functions:
- Own, coordinate and support the development of technical and cost proposals from donor organizations such as USAID, corporate and private foundations, in the areas of mobile technology, agriculture, mHealth and financial services;
- Work with program staff on the design and development of the technical approach as well as budget and cost narratives;
- Draft and edit proposal materials, including EOIs, capabilities statements, CVs, and PPRs;
- Interface with USAID and other private and corporate donors to identify appropriate grant opportunities and position GF for success in pursuing funding;
- Produce clear, accurate and concise emails, memos, correspondence and reports;
- Track and manage proposal and business development data in the information management system;
- Prepare and coordinate material for internal and external meetings and committees;
- Attend meetings to prepare minutes and help to maintain division files and e-files;
- Support annual planning process and proposal strategy meetings; and
- Participate in relevant training and other professional development opportunities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission
- Ability to act as a representative of GF to the public;
- Knowledge of the proposal development process, project management systems and best practices;
- Knowledge of several of GF’s key areas of technical expertise in mobile financial services, agriculture, microfinance, and health;
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and facilitation skills with a proven ability to motivate and coordinate multiple stakeholders;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work through complex processes in a decentralized environment;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a rapidly changing environment;
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new accounts; and
- Knowledge of USAID procurement process and requirements preferred.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred in international development or related field;
- Two to Five years of relevant experience in a business development or project management role at a large international NGO, government contractor, and/or social enterprise;
- Technical and/or business writing experience in the areas of mobile technology, financial services, agriculture, and/or health;
- Experience with USAID procurement process and key USAID initiatives (including Feed the Future (FTF));
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office)
Physical and Environmental Conditions: This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort. This position may occasionally require physical effort to lift and transport boxes weighing no more than 50 pounds. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles; e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
Additional Comment: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Interested candidates should submit a resume with a cover letter explaining why you are interested and what you will bring to the position by appling HERE. No calls, please.
Tags: Business Development; Project management; Technical Writer; Institutional Relations; Grant Writing; Fundraising