This job is FLA Exempt.
Status: Full Time
Location: Washington DC or Seattle
Date: Nov 2013
Job Summary: This position is primarily responsible for develop and implement a comprehensive plan to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward corporate and foundation partnerships, while understanding the marketing and business needs of corporate partners.
Reporting and relationships: This position will report to the Vice President of External Affairs.
Availability: This position will be expected to work a standard workweek of 40 hours plus additional hours as necessary to get the job done. This is for an exempt position–Minimum of 10% travel is expected.
Essential Job Functions:
- Proposal development, writing and solicitation;
- Program planning and budgeting;
- Managing and developing strategies for corporate, foundation and government agency relationships;
- Nurturing organizational relationships;
- Working with senior staff, key board members and other executive level volunteers;
- Make initial outreach and schedule face-to-face meetings with prospective corporate and foundation funders to discuss and present program funding needs. Must be comfortable initiating discussions at all levels and soliciting support both in person and over the phone;
- Write corporate requests, sponsorship proposals and final reports, including working with program staff to create budgets;
- Track and report prospecting activities;
- Develop creative giving opportunities for corporate & Foundation donors/prospects;
- Strengthen relationships with current Institutional partners;
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission -
- Ability to gain working knowledge of GFUSA's policies, procedures, and practices;
- Ability to act as a representative of GFUSA to the public;
- Strong verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and thorough understanding of strategic development;
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new accounts;
- Thorough understanding of all components of a diversified funding base;
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred
- Five or more years successful experience in major and/or foundation gift fundraising
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of Institutional in order to develop relationships between them and Grameen Foundation
- Successful experience in developing cultivation and solicitation strategies to close gifts in excess of $100,000.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of completing assignments.
- Must be willing to travel.
Physical and Environmental Conditions
This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort. This position may occasionally require physical effort to lift and transport boxes weighing no more than 50 pounds. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles; e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
Work Environment and Working Conditions for Travelers to Developing Countries
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to working conditions and hazards which are prevalent for the location and/or country of assignment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work is primarily performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to electronics work. The employee may be required to travel overseas and domestically. When traveling overseas in a developing country, the employee may be exposed to: Physical Hazards (illnesses, noise, extreme temperatures, wet or humid climates, etc.) Road Hazards (unfinished/dirt roads, potholes, traffic-related accidents), and Atmospheric Conditions (odors, dust, fumes, smog, etc.).
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Interested candidates, please click here.