Manager of Institutional Relations
Position Title: Manager of Institutional Relations
Status: Full Time
Location: Washington DC or Seattle
Date: April 2012
Job Summary: This position is primarily responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive plan to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward corporate and foundation partnerships, while understanding the marketing and business needs of corporate partners.
Reporting and relationships: This position will work in close collaboration with the Director of Institutional Relations and report to the Vice President of External Affairs. This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Availability: This position will be expected to work a standard workweek of 40 hours plus additional hours as necessary to get the job done. This is an exempt position and a minimum of 10% travel is expected.
Essential Job Functions:
- Proposal development, writing and solicitation
- Program planning and budgeting
- Managing and developing strategies for corporate, foundation and government agency relationships
- Nurturing organizational relationships
- Working with senior staff, key board members and other executive level volunteers
- Making initial outreach and schedule face-to-face meetings with prospective corporate and foundation funders to discuss and present program funding needs. Must be comfortable initiating discussions at all levels and soliciting support both in person and over the phone
- Writing corporate requests, sponsorship proposals and final reports, including working with program staff to create budgets
- Tracking and reporting prospecting activities
- Developing creative giving opportunities for corporate and foundation donors/prospects
- Strengthening relationships with current institutional partners
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission
- Ability to gain working knowledge of GFUSA's policies, procedures, and practices
- Ability to act as a representative of GFUSA to the public
- Strong verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and have a thorough understanding of strategic development
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new accounts
- Thorough understanding of all components of a diversified funding base
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred
- Five or more years successful experience in major and/or foundation gift fundraising
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of institutional donors in order to develop strategic relationships for Grameen Foundation
- Successful experience in developing cultivation and solicitation strategies to close gifts in excess of $100,000
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of completing assignments
- Must be willing to travel
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort. This position may occasionally require physical effort to lift and transport boxes weighing no more than 50 pounds. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles; e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
Work Environment and Working Conditions for Travelers to Developing Countries:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to working conditions and hazards which are prevalent for the location and/or country of assignment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work is primarily performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to electronics work. The employee may be required to travel overseas and domestically. When traveling overseas in a developing country, the employee may be exposed to: Physical Hazards (illnesses, noise, extreme temperatures, wet or humid climates, etc.) Road Hazards (unfinished/dirt roads, potholes, traffic-related accidents), and Atmospheric Conditions (odors, dust, fumes, smog, etc.).
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Interested candidates, please click here to apply.