PPI Product Specialist
Position Title: Sub Saharan Africa (SSA) PPI Specialist
Status: Full Time
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Grameen Foundation (www.grameenfoundation.org) is a global non-profit organization that combines microfinance, new technologies, and innovation to empower the world's poorest people to escape poverty. Grameen Foundation has long recognized the critical role of social performance in achieving its fundamental mission: maximizing outreach to and impact on the poor and poorest. In fact, social performance is at the heart of Grameen Foundation’s work.
Job Summary: The Progress out of Poverty Index (PPI) Product Specialist will manage Grameen Foundation’s Social Performance Management Center (SPMC) related projects across the Sub Saharan Africa (SSA) region. This includes supporting PPI implementations, facilitating trainings and workshops and managing relationships with strategic partners. While representing SPMC products and services to practitioners, networks, investors and technical assistance providers, the PPI Product Specialist will also provide support to and directly interact with local stakeholders while fulfilling Grameen Foundation targets for PPI implementations in the SSA region.
Reporting and relationships: The PPI Product Specialist will report to the Deputy Director, Social Performance Management Center and will have a shared reporting relationship to the SSA Regional CEO.
Availability: The PPI Product Specialist will be expected to work a standard work week of 40 hours plus additional hours as necessary to get the job done. The position will require extensive travel within SSA and occasional travel outside of the region with up to 30% of the time in the field.
Essential Job Functions
• In coordination with the SPMC and SSA Regional Team, build a PPI pipeline for PPI implementations within the SSA region.
• Deliver PPI pilot, implementation, and analysis trainings and workshops to practitioners, networks, and various stakeholders.
• Provide advisory services and training to practitioners on PPI and other SPM topics.
• Develop relationships with and actively educate key regional/national microfinance actors on the value, use, and implementation of the PPI and SPM tools.
• Conduct due diligence, in collaboration with the SSA Regional Team, on potential PPI partners by preparing assessment reports and performing initial screenings.
• Communicate regularly with each member of the SSA Regional Team to effectively manage current and potential efforts within the organization and coordinate monthly reporting to the SPMC team. Strong communication with DC Team will be vital.
• In conjunction with the SPMC and SSA Regional Team, monitor the on-going social performance activities of partners using the PPI.
• In collaboration with the SPMC Deputy Director, identify technical assistance needs and opportunities for PPI partners and develop appropriate technical assistance packages for practitioners.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of latest industry and regulatory developments related to microfinance, poverty measurement, and social performance management in all countries of responsibility.
• Align regional PPI activities within the global PPI strategy.
• Represent SPMC at relevant regional and international conferences.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills; experience influencing executive management teams.
• Ability to interact and build close and continuous relationships with stakeholders.
• Ability to effectively communicate priorities, risks, and concerns to multiple stakeholders.
• Ability to articulate views clearly and consistently to all kinds of audiences ranging from field personnel to SPM experts.
• Knowledge of microfinance practitioners, their systems, processes and current capabilities around technology and information management.
• Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission.
Requirements / Education and Experience:
• Bachelor Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred with a minimum of 3 years of proven related work experience, five or more years preferred, of which at least two years in microfinance.
• Extensive experience living and conducting business in SSA Region is highly desirable. Microfinance experience, particularly in the area of SPM, preferred. Strong training experience and an understanding of the PPI helpful.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluency in English and French is required; other languages useful in the region are favored.
Important notice: Local Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The above job description is not intended as exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Interested candidates please click here to apply.