Status: Full time, Project Based (18 months)
Location: Uganda (based in Kampala)
Job Summary: The Content and Services Specialist will be responsible for the successful implementation of the Content and Service strategy and overseeing the Call Center business while providing day to day leadership.. This is an opportunity for a dynamic and experienced professional in the Agriculture Sector/outsourcing business with a belief in the potential of technology to meaningfully improve rural livelihoods.
Background: The CKW project has steadily grown with over 1200 community knowledge workers based in 20 districts across Uganda. Under its initial strategy, the programme focused on developing actionable content that was disseminated to the farmers through the community knowledge workers and a farmer helpline. As the project matures GF realizes the need to ensure that the information sourced to enable the farmers out of poverty is useful, relevant, complete and within reach of the farmer to ensure that the knowledge gathered is also adopted through unique extension methods and support.
Reporting and Relationships: The position will report directly to the Manager, Content and Services.
Availability: The Content and Services Specialist will be expected to work a typical work week of 40 hours plus additional hours to get the job done. The position will be based in Kampala, Uganda. This position will need to be flexible to work in local conditions, and be available to work across different time zones. This position will require travel (20%-40%) within Uganda, and periodic travel to other countries as needed.
Essential Job Functions
Provide Content development expertise
• Work with the CS team to enhance and expand of local content to drive adoption and impact like local input directories, local market prices.
• Works with CS Manager to develop the content strategy to which different sectors and verticals will provide expertise in.
• Work closely with team to identify content topics for seasonal campaigns and events.
• Work with the content development team to create quality assurance, maintain standards, and manage social media content including blogs.
• Generate reports and analyze content activity to provide ROI results and develop future content enhancements
• Work with content developers /Tech team to assess any technical challenges (technical troubleshooting) in displaying and delivering content to farmers
• Facilitate the development and implementation of CS product marketing plans
• Create Product launch plans, develop marketing / promotional decks and presentations
Facilitate smooth running of the Farmer call center
• Develops quantitative and qualitative milestones and metrics from the immediate objectives and outputs of the-Call Center
• Tracks and reports on key metrics and variables and provide periodic progress reports on Call center performance to the Management team.
• Works with the IS Manager and Call Center Advisors to ensure the application of standards and quality service delivery
• Leverages team’s knowledge, partner discussions and completed research studies to develop a deep understanding of complementary initiative, global trends in voice-based services, and use learning from related experiences to incorporate into implementation strategy
• Contributes towards business decision-making and sustainability strategy for the initiative
• Monitors phone calls to make sure that the specialists are in compliance with the rules and regulations of the organization (Quality assurance )
• Ensures that the team provides excellent customer service.
Implement with excellence
• Prepares achievable work plans and targets for the Call Center Advisors
• Works with external partners to resolve escalated queries in a timely and efficient manner
• Supports and mentors the Call Center Advisors
• Identifies, monitors and documents key service areas to ensure that we reach the desired population with a quality product at the right price and with the right promotions
Track and report results
• Clearly defines success metrics for each aspect of the project and the business overall
• Establishes transparent and easily accessible reporting framework to measure and communicates progress on a real-time basis – performance dash board
• Prepares timely and comprehensive analyses of progress against metrics and milestones
• Oversees development and ongoing use of monitoring and evaluation framework
• Prepares summary updates and reports as needed by management, funders, partners and other entities
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Has a deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission
• Believes in the potential to leverage information and communication technology (ICTs) to promote agriculture
• Is able to think creatively about the commercial side of extension product development
• Has strong written and oral communication skills/ ability to speak several local languages is a big plus
Education and Experience
• A bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, with 3 or more years’ experience of professional call center supervision.
• Proven and required experience includes, proven Content editing and management, self starter, practical work experience in the field of agricultural extension, farm advisory work and/or small farmer training and development.
• Work in enhancement of rural livelihoods and sustainable development of rurally based business.
Physical and Environmental Conditions: This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort. This position may occasionally require physical effort to lift and transport boxes weighing no more than 50 pounds. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles; e.g. use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. Interested candidates may apply by email to email@example.com . Please put “Content Specialist” in the subject line. No Calls Please.