Regional Data and Content Analyst, LAC-Colombia
Status: Full-Time Project Employee
Location: Medellin, Colombia
Date: August 29, 2012
Job Summary: The Regional Data and Content Analyst will oversee all data collection activities and will be responsible for analyzing incoming data for Grameen Foundation and its partners. The Analyst will also oversee content generation and manage all processes related to content development and maintenance. In addition, this position will develop and implement a comprehensive quality control system for data and content management as well as monitor and analyze Community Knowledge Worker performance on an on-going basis. This is a dynamic role on a highly driven and fast-paced team for an outstanding analyst who understands the potential to use Information and Communication Technologies and data insights to improve the lives of the poor.
Project Description: Grameen Foundation (GF) has been using mobile phones to reduce poverty for over 10 years and has a proven track record of reaching the poor and poorest with the information they need to improve their lives and livelihoods. We have mobile programs across the globe and design initiatives that allow poor communities to connect and transact with expanded networks of service providers and market players. Grameen Foundation offers organizations serving the bottom of the pyramid (BoP) powerful new tools: mobile technology and a methodology for leveraging existing networks of intermediaries to deliver mobile services. In Colombia, we are collaborating with a wide range of partners to provide mobile agricultural information and financial services to rural communities to reduce poverty. We have ambitious goals for poverty alleviation in Colombia and across Latin America and are building a team to execute on this exciting vision.
Reporting and relationships: The position will report to the ICTI Regional Program Manager, LAC.
Availability: The Data and Content Analyst is expected to work a standard work week of 40 hours plus additional hours as necessary to get the job done. The position will be based in Colombia. This position will need to be flexible to work in local conditions and across different time zones. This position will require infrequent travel (5-10%) within Colombia, and may include occasional travel to other countries as needed.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop questionnaires for mobile data collection for program and partners.
- Enter questionnaires in system, test surveys, and manage survey publication.
- Design sample and data collection plan and oversee Field Operations Officer administering data plan.
- Manage and analyze in-coming data and provide monthly reports to project team and partners.
- Analyze Progress Out of Poverty Index (PPI) and other metrics against balance scorecard targets and M&E framework and report out to team on monthly basis.
- Develop Terms of Reference and oversee content consultancies.
- Enter content onto system and test on mobile phone.
- Develop SMS curriculum packages, oversee SMS subscription system, and send out messages to farmers based on subscription preferences.
- Analyze usage to understand demand and work with partners and consultants to develop new content to meet demand.
- Design tools to evaluate farmer satisfaction with mobile services and oversee Field Operations Officer to implement tools.
- Analyze client feedback and make improvements to mobile content (packaging, delivery, topics, etc).
- Identify new content partners and support business team to establish content partnerships.
- Analyze CKW performance on a weekly basis to identify performance issues.
- Provide reports to field staff to address low performance and reward high performance.
- Prepare monthly CKW performance reports and share with partners and field staff.
- Prepare, manage, and track monthly mobile payments to CKWs and data validators based on performance.
- Share payment reports with partners.
- Develop quality control system for data collection, content management, and performance management, including content certification process and data validation system.
- Conduct quality control, including all aspects of data validation.
- Review and approve survey submissions and alert field staff when there are irregularities.
- Audit searches and alert field staff when there are irregularities.
- Hire and oversee data validaters and ensure that 5% of surveys are back-checked.
- Oversee “spot-checks” of mobile searches.
- Analyze findings from validation, reject surveys that don’t meet quality standards, and develop plan to address poor performing CKWs or problematic question sets.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and belief in the potential to leverage ICTs for the benefit of small holder farmers.
- Commitment to building social and gender equity into program design and approach.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously with proven track record of achievement under pressure.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Extraordinary analytic skills.
- Spanish and English fluency required.
Education and Technical Experience
- Degree in econometrics, statistics, agronomy, international development, systems administration or related field.
- Experience using statistical programming software such as STATA, SAS, or SPSS.
- At least 5 years experience working as an analyst.
- Experience conducting scientific or social research it’s a plus.
- Master’s degree preferred.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort. This position may occasionally require physical effort to lift and transport boxes weighing no more than 50 pounds.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles; e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Interested candidates should send their resume and brief cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position and what you will bring to the position. Resumes will be accepted through September 28th, 2012 and should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Data and Content Analyst-LAC” in the subject line.