This case study analyzes Cashpor’s Business Correspondent (BC) model from a business sustainability perspective. It studies the financial viability of Cashpor as a MFI-BC.
You are here
This case study looks at how an existing channel of delivery can be improvised and customized to effectively reach and serve the poor in a sustainable way.
While it is true that regulatory and financial viability issues are paramount challenges faced by Business Correspondents in India, these issues have overshadowed other operational challenges that BCs face on the ground.
It is estimated that at a country level in India, a mere 20% or less of the 100 million savings accounts opened so far are active and the rest 80% of the accounts become dormant.
Grameen Foundation announces the release of the operational overview report of Easypaisa, the largest branchless banking service in Pakistan. The report, commissioned by Grameen Foundation via the South Asian Micro-Finance Network (SAMN), identifies key factors that have enabled Easypaisa’s success.
This report—based on a representative state-wide study of microfinance in Karnataka, India—demonstrates that it is possible and necessary for the microfinance sector to measure and understand itself through a strongly and consistently pro-poor lens and make decisions based on this.
This groundbreaking report analyzes PPI data from 10 microfinance institutions (MFIs) in the Philippines to illustrate how MFIs and other pro-poor organizations can use poverty measurement data to evaluate their social performance.
This case study shows how PT Ruma, the first technology-for-development initiative to use the PPI, applied its findings to guide twin goals to reach more poor women with its mobile phone business microfranchises and to affirm its social accountability to shareholders.
The case study explores how Grameen Koota, a leading socially-focused microfinance institution in India, is using the PPI to measure and track its clients’ movement out of poverty.
In 2009, the Grameen Foundation selected CARD Bank, a Philippine microfinance institution (MFI) with over 580,000 clients, to participate in its Microsavings Initiative. This case study describes how CARD Bank has used the PPI to identify opportunities for product cross-selling.