Senior Applications Analyst, Applab Money - Accelerator
Position Title: Senior Applications Analyst, Applab Money - Accelerator
Status: Full Time, Project Based
Date: June 2012
Job Summary: The Senior Applications Analyst (SAA) for Mobile Financial Services is responsible for driving the delivery and integration of an interface to enable and end-to-end solution for our Financial Institution and Mobile Money partners. The SAA plays a lead role in ensuring that all business requirements are met via the development and that the platform meets the quality required for an offering to succeed in the market.
The role will be measured by delivering solutions which are adopted by the market and competitively differentiated. The ultimate outcomes are a commercially viable solution and end user adoption especially amongst clients earning under $2.50/day. Managing timely deliverables with strong communication and cross functional partnering skills with the ability to gain shared vision on challenging decisions which impact various teams and the offering. Success will require working closely with stakeholders (Telco, FIs, 3rd party vendors) to drive delivery of a solution on which relevant pro-poor products can be offered seamlessly. Candidates must have a 'can do' attitude.
Reporting and relationships: The position will report to Project Director of Mobile Financial services with a dotted line to the Grameen Foundation Uganda Technology Manager (both based in Uganda).
Availability: The SAA is expected to work a standard work week of 40 hours plus additional hours as necessary to get the job done. The position may require up to 10% travel.
Essential Job Functions:
• Lead integration activities using established program and project management processes to ensure compliance with organizational strategies, goals and objectives to achieve milestones within budget.
• Oversee development of design specifications with regards to the middleware platform and services delivered over that platform working with a software architect.
• Responsible for project management activities involving
o Ensure compliance with all partners internal requirements relevant to the project
o Setting up delivery plans and tracking and managing against that plan
o Manage the budget and cost of technical deliverables
o Managing dependencies, issues and risks
o Ensuring all development artefacts are delivered according to plan
o Status Reporting
o Change requests
• Act as the main contact point for a particular system change during the development lifecycle.
• Contract and manage 3rd party contractors to ensure timely delivery of agreed outputs
• Collaborate with other program or project managers to ensure that the development plans fit into the overall project plan.
• Within the financial institutions
• Define testing and implementation activities for architectures, security, capabilities and processes
• Develop and testing business processes, capabilities, and architectures and security
(with relation to the technology as it interacts with business)
• Have a disposition toward ‘action’ to make sure things get done.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Understanding of mobile phone technologies
• Experience programming in at least one strongly typed language
• Knowledge of Mobile Phone customer interfaces in particular mobile money
• Knowledge and skills to conduct supporting IT platform security audits.
• Broad knowledge of security-related topics such as authentication, entitlements, identity management, data protection, data leakage prevention, validation checking, encryption, hashing, principle of least privilege, software attack methodologies, secure data transfer, secure data storage etc.
• Knowledge of risk management control frameworks
• Experience implementing core banking systems such as Finacle, Tenemos would be an added advantage
• Ability to evaluate technical and functional specifications early within the software development process, identify possible threats or areas of weakness as it relates to impacts on supporting IT platforms.
• Excellent writing, research and communication skills; ability to gather, synthesize and present information in a professional, compelling and practical manner;
• Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail;
• Expert understanding of program and project management methodologies;
• Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
• Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills;
• Fluency in oral and written English.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree preferred in business administration, international development, or a related field
• Five or more years of project management experience in banking, telecom or related industry ;
• Proven track record of leading large, complex projects. PMP (Project Management Professional) Certificate or equivalent preferred.
• Work experience in international development, preferably in a developing country
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort. This position may occasionally require physical effort to lift and transport boxes weighing no more than 50 pounds.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles; e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Interested candidates should send their resume and brief cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position and what you will bring to the position. Resumes will be accepted through June 10, 2012 and should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “SAA-MFS” in the subject line. No phone calls, please