This job is FLA Exempt.
The Senior Manager, Institutional Relations will be responsible for strategic business development, gift solicitation, and management of corporate, foundation and government relationships. The Senior Manager, Institutional Relations will play a key role in working with development and program staff, board members, and volunteers in cultivating corporate, foundation and government donor relationships. The Senior Manager will provide cross-solutions team support in managing and developing competitive proposals in response to solicitations from USAID, bi-lateral / multi-lateral donors, corporate foundations and other partners interested in supporting Grameen Foundation’s work.
Reporting and relationships: The Senior Manager, Institutional Relations will report to the Vice President of External Affairs.
Availability: This position will be expected to work a standard workweek of 40 hours plus additional hours as necessary to get the job done. This is an exempt position and a minimum of 20% travel is expected.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage technical and cost proposals from institutional organizations in the areas of ICT4D, agriculture, microfinance, health, and social performance;
- Develop and execute effective strategies to identify, cultivate and steward corporate, foundation and government agency relationships.
- Lead relationship building and management with key potential and current clients, partners, and consultants;
- Work with the regional partnerships team to research, track and follow up on business intelligence leading up to bid opportunities;
- Develop and manage relationships with key regional donors
- Work with program staff on the design and development of the technical approach (including writing and managing the technical proposal process);
- Write government and foundation proposals and final reports, including working with program staff to develop budgets;
- Main liaison with HQ to ensure the final proposal is in “one voice” and aligned with Grameen Foundation’s best practices and standards;
- Participate in relevant training and other professional development opportunities;
- Represent Grameen Foundation in professional meetings, workshops, and other professional networking events.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission.
- Strong relationship management skills developed though prior experience.
- Solid understanding of the proposal development process, project management systems / best practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of ICT4D, agriculture, microfinance, health, and social performance.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and facilitation skills with a proven ability to motivate and coordinate multiple stakeholders, including senior-level experts and directors.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to lead complex processes in a non-hierarchical environment.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a highly dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new accounts.
- Thorough understanding of all components of a diversified funding base.
- Foreign language skills in French and, to a lesser extent, Portuguese is desirable.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred in international development or related field;
- More than 5 years of relevant experience in technical and/or grant writing required in the areas of ICT4D, financial services, agriculture, health and/or social performance;
- Proven track record in writing winning technical proposals for USAID and other large international donor agencies;
- Experience with USAID procurement process and key USAID initiatives (including Feed the Future);
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office); and
- Experience implementing donor programs a plus.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort. This position may occasionally require physical effort to lift and transport boxes weighing no more than 50 pounds.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomfort that requires normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles; e.g. use of safe work plac practices with office equipment, and /or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffice signals.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Interested candidates, please click here.