Software Developer in Test, MOTECH
Position Title: Software Developer in Test, MOTECH
Status: Full Time, Project Employee (End date, January 31, 2014)
Location: Accra, Ghana
Classification: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime Pay)
Job Summary: The Software Developer in Test is responsible for the design and implementation of automated tests and automated test frameworks to test the MOTECH platform. This person will work closely with the MOTECH developers, QA, and PM teams to develop effective, maintainable automated acceptance tests. In addition, this developer will help troubleshoot technical issues with the MOTECH deployment in Ghana and help to develop applications that address the day-to-day operational needs of MOTECH Ghana.
Reporting and relationships: The Software Developer in Test will report to the Technical Manager.
Availability: The Software Developer in Test will be expected to work 40 hours per week and may be required to work in the evenings and on weekends, occasionally. No international travel is required.
Essential Job Functions
- Create detailed test plans and test cases
- Create automated tests and test frameworks using open source tools
- Collaborate with development team using Agile process
- Find bugs and recommend product improvements
- Generate system reports and implement software code as directed
- Provide innovative ideas to the testing strategy and plans
- Work with a geographically distributed, multi-cultural, world-wide team of software developers.
- Work transparently and effectively with our Open Source community on IRC and mailing lists, keeping all non-sensitive data public.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission
- Experience in Agile software development
- Experience with Ubuntu Linux, Java, and MySQL running under Linux
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills.
- Strong preference for Open Source tools and techniques.
- Experience with version control systems.
Education and Experience
- Previous experience working in a tech environment and contributing to an open source project.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics, preferred.
Physical and Environmental Conditions
This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort. This position may occasionally require physical effort to lift and transport boxes weighing no more than 50 pounds. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles; e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
For more information about Grameen Foundation USA or this position, please visit www.grameenfoundation.org. Interested candidates may apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Software Dev-MoTeCH” in the subject line. No Calls Please.