SQL Server Developer, Microsavings Initiative
Position Title: SQL Server Developer, Microsavings Initiative
Status: Temporary Employee
Duration: 6 months temporary
Location: Metro Manila area and/orSan Pablo City, Laguna, Philippines
Job Summary: The Developer will work with a Microfinance Institution (MFI) headquartered in San Pablo City, Laguna, Philippines to develop or modify .Net based applications. He/she will work extensively with MS SQL Server 2005/2008 (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS) to develop web based data collection mechanisms, maintain a data warehouse and develop reports as needed.
Keys to success in this role will be the ability to manage multiple stakeholders with varying objectives and to establish and lead productive relationships with all project team members and stakeholders. A strong development background is essential.
Availability: The SQL Server Developer will be expected to work a standard work week plus additional hours as necessary to get the job done. The position will work on-site in the MFI and GF offices. Travel to rural areas for requirements gathering and field testing may be required.
Essential Job Functions
- Work closely with the Microsavings Technology Program Manager to develop technical documents
- Write program code and integrate application components as needed:
o Develop, debug and fine tune Web enabled applications in C# and ASP.Net.
o Integrate applications with Web Services, writing programs in C#.
o Develop backend programs in SQL Server 2005/2008 using Stored Procedures and Functions.
- Develop and deploy a Reporting and Analysis environment using:
o Analysis and Integration Services using SQL Server 2005/2008.
o Reporting Services using SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Work closely with the MFI at each stage of the project to ensure knowledge and skills transfer.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission
- Experience in working on SQL data migration and reporting projects using MS SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Ability to develop or program with limited supervision
- Should be a self starter and motivated person.
- Excellent interpersonal, patient and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate priorities and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Fluency in English and Filipino with written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of relevant MIS industry development in region a plus
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 to 5 years experience in SQL Server 2005/2008, ASP.Net, C#, SQL Server Integration, Analysis and Reporting Services.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Interested candidates may apply by email to email@example.com by December 31, 2012. Please put “SQL Server Developer-Philippines” in the subject line.